Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The path of technology.


First and foremost, this blog does not contain any useful advice. This blog is just a rambling space for a Tau player who consistently suffers BSoDs and PTSDs as a result of misunderstanding your enemy and horrific dice rolls. This is purely for people to laugh at my failures and maybe garner sympathy for the amount of horrific dice rolls I suffer throughout my life, and also show that when you don't have proper strategy, as well as lady luck on your side, you WILL suffer from horrendous casualties and ultimately, shameful defeat.

Apart from the self bashing, welcome to the Ksi'M'Yen forces outpost! This is probably the only blog I might actually bother to constantly update, since I play 40k regularly now (HAHAHA REGULARLY.) and I've nearly completed my 1750 points list, which is a standard points list for the folks at the local game shop I play at.

Many people would say that Tau is a "low tier" army, and frankly with the amount of setbacks I suffer I would agree. However, reading other blogs, in particular for those who are trained in the Tau art of war far longer than I have, I've come to realize that Tau combat is extremely fluid. It's sort of like mental kung fu, in my opinion. You will end up bruised, and horrifically scarred in the beginning. But as you play more and more games, you will realize that a total victory achieved with a Tau army represents the epitome of your skill. (And no. Spamming broadsides do not count.)

I play one of the most cookie cutter Tau lists out there. (Crisis Spam, backed up with a little bit of Broadside artillery.) And it is very easily beaten when you don't have the proper placement of the models, and your opponents are REALLY cunning when it comes to fighting and line of sight placement.

If I complain and whine about Tau Army so often, why don't I just go ahead and play SPESS MAHREENS? Truth be told. I am considering a Dark Angels Deathwing spam list, if only because I am finally sick of the amount of times I've gotten my shit ruined horrifically because of land raiders. However, I'm not done with the Tau art of war yet. I've only played 40k consistently for a year, so it's still too early to give up. And it's only recently that I've finally gotten my shit together to start playing the Tau way properly.

And with that said, I'll probably publish all my future battles in friendly matches and maybe CM tourneys on this blog. Maybe by keeping track of what I always miss and how I fail I might actually improve. It will also touch on why, even with the advice of the most senior veterans, tactics WILL fail without fluidity, and strategies crumble completely because of lady luck being a complete bitch.

Gentlemen, welcome to the fraking Jihad.

"The strength of your force may be calculated by multiplying its weight by its velocity. Strive always to maximize both and victory shall be yours." - Commander Puretide

No comments:

Post a Comment